Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer?

I think it's safe to say summer is about here. We're acting like it is anyway!

First, Henry is now sitting up on his own. Seems like a small step in the grand scheme of things, but in his short life, it's huge. So much more independence for the little guy! Jack is also far more interested in playing with Henry, so they are just tons of fun (save for the several toddler melt-downs each day). Jack isn't the only one suffering from melt-downs. Henry has developed a major case of mommy attachment. He seems fine once I've been out of sight for a bit, but wants nothing to do with anyone or anything else if I'm in the room...and he's not afraid to scream to get what he wants. I suppose there are worse things than being needed by your baby, but it means I really get nothing done when he's awake!This was totally unprompted...Faith's first playdate (she really enjoyed it...)! We went to a great park in McLean. It's impossible to get three boys to look cute at the same time, so I just picked Henry's best smile.Fun carousel too...Not a particularly great picture, but Jack looks quite old to me...I'm sad this was only our first trip to the Dupont Circle farmer's market. We've been to farmer's markets, but this one was amazing! I got so excited, I spent all my cash at the first couple booths. Should have shopped around a bit, but at least I'll know for next time. They really have everything you could imagine...homemade pasta and baked goods, fresh, local dairy, meat, flowers and of course the most wonderful looking produce. I was in heaven! So was Jack, actually. He sweetly requested samples (and got them) from everyone. Here's Henry enjoying some yummy yogurt fed to him by Jack (notice the feet)...

2 comments:

Harper Family said...

Jack looks so much like Josh in one of those pics...
Dupont Circle Market.. another thing I missed in my four years of living there.

Anonymous said...

So cute. Jack and Ethan need to watch out. Henry's going to be bigger than them soon!