This is waiting to go in to the OR, after his pre-op "cocktail". Funny little man.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Jack Update
Just wanted to let you all know Jack's surgery this morning went well. He was such a trooper! We thought not being able to eat would be a big problem for him, but he only asked a few times before they took him back. He had his little Mickey with him and the nurses dressed him up with an ID bracelet, surgical hat and mask. He loved it. Josh stayed home with Henry, so it was a little rough waiting by myself. The worst part was right after when I went to see him in recovery. He was so upset and delirious...just kept calling "mommy", even after I crawled in bed with him. About 30 minutes later though, a nurse offered him a popcicle to which he enthusiastically responded, "I want a green one!". Silly boy. When we got in the car I asked if he wanted his water. In his best big boy voice, he said, "Yes, but it's in your bag, mom, so I'll get it when we get home". He's growing up too fast! They did sort of an epidural, so he's not able to walk yet, but hopefully tomorrow he'll be back to normal.
This is waiting to go in to the OR, after his pre-op "cocktail". Funny little man.
Oh, and Chicago pictures are coming soon (too many to sort through!)...
This is waiting to go in to the OR, after his pre-op "cocktail". Funny little man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment