We went to the boys' school on Tuesday to do some paperwork for the new year. I've been worried about this, knowing Henry isn't potty-trained, which is a requirement to start school. On Monday he had a rash on his bum, so I encouraged him to put underwear on. I hoped being diaper-less would get rid of it, but knew he'd probably refuse. He didn't! He didn't even gripe when I got the little potty out. So, with that, we started. He has not had an accident since! He's wearing diapers at night and nap (taking that opportunity to poop), but underwear the rest of the day. I set the timer and have him go every so often. He's yet to TELL me he has to go, but this is major progress! He sometimes complains when I tell him it's time, but still does it, unlike previous attempts. He's getting better at pulling his pants up and down, but it's something we have to work on. This has made me realize all the independent type things we are yet to teach him, like dressing himself. All the encouragement we've been giving these past few months is paying off though...he's finally as proud of himself as we are. Yay!
The best part, for me, of potty training is seeing this cute little tush running around all day.
Jack requested the "look at the baby" pose...The best part, for me, of potty training is seeing this cute little tush running around all day.
I like Nora's expression here and her cute little body...

1 comment:
Lovin' all the bloggage lately!
Like my mom always says about parenting, just when you can't take it any longer, something works out. Great job, Henry!
Post a Comment