Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Omaha

I've been putting off this post knowing it would be hard to write. Especially since it's the third in 6 months. After a long, hard battle, my Grandma passed away the day after Thanksgiving. She went in to the hospital on that Monday. My dad and I flew out there Thursday morning to be with her and the rest of the family. She was able to talk to us a little on Thursday, but was so uncomfortable. We sat with her until very late that night. Dad, Grandpa and I made it back to the hospital Friday morning just in time to say goodbye. She peacefully took her last breaths holding Grandpa's hand, with much of her family around her. In the next few days the entire family (a good 40 or 50 of us!) made it to Omaha to spend time together and celebrate Grandma. She was a wonderful lady and is already so greatly missed.

Jack, Arabella and Amara had so much fun together. They've always enjoyed their time together, but this age is great. Our parents all said it felt like when the cousins were kids, running around Grandma and Grandpa's house. Terribly loud and hectic, but fun :).
Who knew a stack of plastic cups could be so entertaining?
Bedtime stories with Josh...
I think this is the first time they slept in a bed together. Tired boys!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Hoffman Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma, Dana. I am thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

we are very sad about your grandma and our hearts go out to you and your family:( glad you could be there.
xoxoxoox auntie annika