Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Buena Vista Weekend

The view from our deck. 


Lots of deer came to visit!  I love the little outhouse at the front of the property  Apparently it was from an old mine.  Now it's a garbage hut.


Look closely.  See that tiny white dot? Nora got her first tooth last week!  It's there, trust me.  I've been bit.  She's only 5 months old! The boys didn't their firsts till 11 and 10 months.  While she obviously doesn't want it photographed, it doesn't seem to bother her much.  The night before it came she was up much of the night, but happy...like lying in her crib talking to herself...not crying.  Remember how I said she wasn't in to toys or anything foreign in her mouth?  No more! She'll take anything she can get in there.  Well, except the pacifier still and we haven't tried a bottle since. Hopefully the rest arrive with such ease.

These deer were pretty fearless.  The boys stood on the deck watching for quite some time and they weren't bothered.  And you know the boys aren't quiet!  They'd look up, then go right back to eating.  A mama and baby were slightly more cautious.  It was fun to hear Jack run in the house yelling "mooooooooom, there are deer in the yard!!" the first time he saw them.  Mostly because they were playing safely outside on their own with more to do and explore than we had time for.  Another reason to move to the mountains :).


Henry and me out exploring. I guess I was having a little too much fun with the color feature on the camera.

I think Nora was actually trying to smile here, but the sun was too much.


Out for a walk our first evening. We came home with quite the leaf collection.  Jack has been wanting to start a collection of something for a while.  Leaves it is!

Seems wrong for her to have teeth before hair.  You won't believe me, but she is growing a little fuzz.  And it JUST MIGHT be redish.  I hope!

Helping daddy cook breakfast.  I kinda like that weekend breakfast has become Josh's job.  He's good at it!  Seems like it has always been my dad's job too. 

"Bouldering" at a neat park along the Arkansas River.  The town is very small, but super cute.  We tried two great restaurants and one fantastic little coffee shop, of course. Someday we'll be able to afford a vacation home in a place like this!






Showing off his headstand.  Who knew? A bit scary.

The best of a dozen self-timer tries.  The funniest are the ones testing the position of the camera, but I won't embarrass my family any more than I already do.  It's still weird to see five of us.

We took the slightly longer way home, through all the ski resorts to enjoy more of the view.  We were not disappointed!  Amazing drive up 24, then 70...if you ever get the chance.  We stopped in Vail to stretch our legs.  And Idaho Falls actually because Nora wasn't in the mood for sitting in traffic.
Part of the Collegiate Peaks from the bouldering park.  The town of Buena Vista is at over 8000 feet which makes these "14ers" seem not quite as massive as they are.  But it's really cool to be surrounded by them.  They say it's the highest concentration of mountains over 14000 feet...12 or so.


Somewhere south of Vail.  Nora slept most of that stretch so we couldn't really stop for pictures.  We had such a great weekend.  It was only a couple days, but provided us the perfect amount of quiet time.  And, again, SO beautiful!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are s pretty.....
Love ya,
Grandma