It has been a rough week around here. Josh started school on Monday. Every day from 5-8pm for the first 3 weeks. Then Tues/Thurs for the rest of the summer. So, the boys only get an hour or so with him in the morning and Nora and I don't get much more in the evening because he has a lot of reading to do for class. I'm doing my very best, but the single mom thing to three kiddos is NO FUN! I've started every day with a good attitude and high hopes, but that's usually gone by dinner time. I'll go ahead and blame Nora's extra fussiness on my stress. It's so not fair to her to have a stressed mommy! Luckily the boys seem oblivious so far. They're happy as clams getting out every toy in the playroom and are mostly satisfied with the few minutes I can devote to only them. All Henry asks is to be able to kiss Nora's head endlessly! And Jack loves to run for burp cloths and dry clothes (yes, she's still a little spit-up queen). I'm working on letting go of all the unimportant things, but that's not so easy for me. I truly wish I could take everyone's advice to just forget about the house...it's irrational, but I can't. So, while I know it's early, I think the only solution at this point is to work on getting Nora in some kind of routine. No easy task for a three-week old and with two other kids' days to consider! But, I simply can't hold her all day, so I'm trying to get her used to nursing every 2-3 hours rather than around the clock and the biggest thing is getting her to lay down for at least a couple naps a day. She's doing pretty well at night and some days are better than others! We've started off well so far today! I don't mean to just complain, just honest. Nora really is a joy and so sweet, it just breaks my heart to not be able to enjoy all the little things because I feel so focused on getting through the day. So, we're looking forward to a nice quiet family weekend. Nicole Pedron arrives on Sunday afternoon for a couple days to help out and my parents will be here next weekend. Then it's summer for Jack so at least we won't have to get up and go anywhere in the mornings!
Showing off her pretty pink diaper and sweet double chin.
She wasn't thrilled with bath time!
First time dressing her up a bit and first attempt at a headband...her head has a bit of growing to do.
First shot at a family photo. Jack would only participate if he got to hold Nora.
Henry's first time holding Nora...trying to console her with a kiss. A lot of "firsts" in this post. Probably also my first post typed entirely with one hand!

1 comment:
Just caught up on your blog...so sorry that things were rough for awhile. I really can't even imagine 3 children at this point...you're a rock star! I'm glad that things are getting better. I hope for only more sleep and less fussy times for you.
Post a Comment