Friday, June 18, 2010

Bike

You are looking at one HAPPY boy. We had been searching for a "big boy bike" at yard sales for several weeks. At first, looking was fun. And he was SO patient. Last Friday a large neighborhood near us had a community sale, so the boys and I checked it out. Jack happily pointed out homes with sales and cheerfully said, "no bikes" at each. 30 minutes in, with no success, he said he was done. As we drove home, I looked at him in the rear-view mirror. Talk about heartbreaking! He was clearly trying as hard as he could to hold back tears, with the saddest face I have EVER seen. I asked what was wrong..."it's really hard being patient mommy". So, I promised him we would find one the next day, even if we had to shell out $100 at a store. Luckily, we found one for a single dollar at our first stop Saturday morning. You should have seen the smile on his face as he ran back to the car in the rain to tell me what he'd found! Just needed training wheels and new inner tubes. Great project for daddy and Jack.

Henry's new favorite toy. You would have thought it was Christmas morning when I pulled out this old bottle for him to use. He loves "baby".
Why do children like dog beds so much?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

2p said...

Oh my goodness, he speaks so well for a 3yo! And I wanted to cry just thinking about how disappointed he was. I'm so glad you found such a good deal...we wanted to buy a used one but never found it. Jack's looks perfect now.
And Henry feeding the baby doll...adorable!