Thursday, June 17, 2010

Roxborough State Park Hike

Did a GREAT hike up near Denver last weekend. It was over 3 miles, with Jack walking and Henry on Josh's back. Overall, they did wonderfully. Henry took a little snooze in the pack, but got antsy, so frequent breaks were required. Jack walked almost the whole way...I carried the last 30 minutes or so (took us 3 hours total!). It was definitely worth it for the gorgeous views and quality family time outside. The best part? We didn't see any of the bears or rattlesnakes the Park Ranger said we would!

Happy kid...
Ready to go...love the protective arm around little bro...

Checking the map. He kept it in his pocket and frequently asked to stop to check out our location...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa will be so proud of Jack and his map....

2p said...

Sounds like such fun. I am glad you didn't find the rattlesnakes or bears! I can't believe that Jack walked most of the way...what a trooper.