Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Floor

Finally, pictures of the precious new floor! Already, the floor and I have a love-hate relationship. I love it because it's gorgeous and everything I imagined, but I hate it because it is completely impossible to keep clean. I'm literally sweeping several times a day and that barely puts a dent in the dog hair and crumbs. Any tips? Besides banishing the dogs and children to the backyard?


Any opinions on the rug?  Just got it yesterday.  I'm thinking I love it alone, but doesn't quite match.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Angie Weis said...

Floor looks great and so does the rug :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Angie... the rug looks great! The floor is amazing too! What a beautiful house!
Jess

Anonymous said...

The floors are amazing they really look spectacular. I like the curtains in the den but am not fan of the rug...sorry. Love the pattern but I think something a bit toned down will blend better. You did ask for opinions right???? I love you
Mo

Unknown said...

The floors are amazing; I can't believe what a difference it makes in the house. The fan looks good too. I have to agree with Maureen about the rug--in the first picture I saw I didn't see such a strong pattern. Now that I do, I think something different would look better with the fireplace stone. But, who am I to say? I can't be trusted with money when it comes to decorating. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Dad says shave the dogs. If that doesn't work, I'll send my dogs up to be banished to the back yard and you can send the kids to Arizona where we have indestructible floors.

The Andersons said...

Dana your home is gorgeous! Everything looks so nice together- looks like it is right out of a magazine. I do agree about the rug- I love the rug, but it really doesn't seem to go with the look of the room.

The Thomas Family said...

Rug is rolled up and ready to go back :) Hope I find one I like soon.

2p said...

Dana, the bamboo looks great! I love dark color and is that texture I see? Love that too! My first impression was NO on the rug too. :) And as far as sweeping crumbs and hair, just be happy it's not going in a rug! I happily sweep every night (in the heavy traffic areas) and multiple times under the kitchen table during the day. If I ever get irritated about it, I remind myself that it's easy to clean and I don't have to worry about anything the kids spill!