Sunday, May 16, 2010

18 Months

Our littlest man is 18 months old! I took him to his check-up Friday worried she'd tell me he's enormous, but as everyone kept trying to reassure me, he's perfectly normal. Just about the 50th percentile for height and weight...24.5lbs and 33 inches. It seems like Jack was still fairly small at this age, so Henry feels big to me. The boy CAN eat! He drinks tons of milk and water and eats nearly anything I put in front of him. How many kids do you know whose favorite veggie is asparagus? He ate 7 pieces at dinner the other night and only stopped because we were out! I'd say broccoli, peas and cucumbers are tied for second.
Not a whole lot else to report. He's almost done with this new wave of teeth (EIGHT at once!!), he's talking up a storm and really doing well with communicating in general. Still uses some signs (milk and more), but tries hard to say every word. He can identify all the major body parts, point to what we say in books and still loves looking for trucks on the road. And of course, the adoration for his big brother continues to grow.
I'd be lying if I said he wasn't a challenge at times (his is incredibly stubborn and "strong-willed"), but he's sweet and adorable and wonderful :)

Check out the giant bum...result of a doubled diaper for bed. I've been using disposables at night because he tends to soak thru, but tried something new with the cloth. He could barely walk his booty was so big!

His devilish little grin...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

2p said...

I have to remind myself that he's only 6 months younger than Sweet Pea...I keep thinking he's a newborn! That's great that he eats so well. Sweet Pea doesn't eat as much as she used to as far as vegetables, but I know it's just a big cycle.
Henry is adorable!

Angie Weis said...

He's got an adorable little grin, and bright blue eyes!! Looking forward to see you guys at uff-da :)