Josh and Henry went to Chicago for the weekend for Jon's graduation from UIC (yay, Jon!!), so Jack and I had, as Jack called it, a "me and you" weekend. He got a cold, which put a damper on some of our grand plans, but we still had so much fun. A lot of playing, eating and quality time...and even a little shopping. The best part was Mother's Day. Josh made us a breakfast reservation at a great place I've been wanting to try (Adam's Mountain Cafe) and hyped Jack up about taking mommy to a special breakfast. Jack said, "mommy, I can't drive yet, so you'll have to drive, but I'm taking you out on Mother's Day." We looked pretty cute, if you ask me. Then, he wanted to pay (we told him that's what boys do on dates), so he handed my card to the waitress. We walked around Manitou holding hands for a while after, then played at the cool playground there. Probably 3 times that day he gave me a giant hug and said "I love Mother's Day SO much!". Could he possibly be any cuter? Oh, and he was super excited about the adorable flower he planted for me at school in a cute vase. We'll have to work on secret keeping though :)

1 comment:
Is that a baby sitter with Jack? Looking very young Dana.
Post a Comment