Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We're off...

Bob and Maureen arrive tomorrow afternoon for a long weekend and Josh and I are off to Portland for 3 days!! A belated anniversary celebration and our first real vacation alone since kiddos. We're quite excited. Breweries galore for Josh and the beach and wineries for me. And, the boys will be happily spoiled at home...a win for all :)

Awww, Henry. Quite the independent little fellow. While I made breakfast this morning he took it upon himself to get in the pantry, pull down this box of crackers, open it and enjoy. I say this over and over, and I mean it in the kindest way possible, but it's a darn good thing the boy is so stinkin cute and sweet. He screams ALL DAY!! At everything...an unwanted tap on the shoulder, the word "no", power struggles with Jack, dog licks...everything. My mom reminded me this morning that he's been a screamer since the day he was born. She's right, guess I should get used to it.

So I don't sound like just an awful complainer, here are just a few of his latest cutenesses:
-insisted on going to sleep tonight hugging his water bottle
-did his first double sign today, "more milk"
-tries desperately to say every word he can
-copies everything his big brother does, cutest of which is "jumping"
-gives random hugs to the dogs and spoils them rotten with way too many treats
-laughs constantly (in between screams)
-thinks pulling everything out of every kitchen cabinet several times a day is hilarious
-and best of all, he loves to rest his head on our shoulders and gently rub our back or chest

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Henry may be like his mommy whom the doctors when she was born described "as a very frustrated little girl." They consoled us by telling us her frustration would turn to intelligence. Henry is likely to be brilliant. And completely adorable at that. You are truly blessed.