Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cannon Beach

For me, a must for our trip was getting to the ocean. I may not be a huge fan of swimming in it, but it's still one of my favorite things to enjoy, and only an hour and a half from Portland. So, we rented a car for the day, drove to Cannon Beach then down the coast a bit. Great little town and beautiful beach. In fact, maybe the Oregon coast is perfect for me since it's too cold to swim! I think I was the only person walking barefoot. Made a stop in Tillamook and had lunch at the cheese factory...mmm.
Isn't this monolith cool? The 3rd largest in the world, according to the pamphlet.
 
I missed the beach...and I need a pedicure...
The drive to the coast was gorgeous.  Not sure we've ever seen so much green!  The trees were massive and so lush, just like the movies :)  The downside? The prominent evidence of logging.  So sad to see.  Made me want to learn more about the process and quite happy with our decision to go with bamboo floors.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harper Family said...

Great Pictures. Love the picture of you and Josh on the beach in front of the big rock hill thing.