Monday, January 11, 2010

Omaha

Grandma made it home from the hospital a few days ago. She still needs prayers and good wishes, but I think she's happy to be home. Things aren't going quite as smoothly as hoped, but she is recovering. I'll update when I know more.

Jack and Bella at the hospital. Jack walked in and told her they must hold hands because it's a busy area :).
Playing with a couple great little toys Jack and Henry got for Christmas while we waited for dinner one night. The kids all did amazingly well. They spent so many hours in the hospital waiting rooms, getting far less sleep than normal, but still they were happy and quite well-behaved. And, they were all so sweetly concerned about their "GG". Jack and I were falling asleep one night and he had question after question for me. Mostly, he wanted to be assured the doctors were taking good care of her. Bella brought in her new doctor kit to make GG better.
My very pregnant cousin, Amanda. Adding another cousin any day now!
Omaha had A TON of snow. Jack thought it was fantastic. Me? Not so much. Especially since I'm less than experienced in driving under those conditions. But, despite the insanely cold temps (can you believe they have to close schools for negative temperatures!), we survived. Jack even made it out with Uncle Kevin and Steven to build this amazing snow tunnel. You can imagine Jack's excitement...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you've got a great toy when it entertains kids for over 15 minutes at a busy restaurant! :)
Jess