Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sweet Henry playing with Bailey thru the screen door. Yes, it was warm enough to have the door open! You wouldn't guess it based on this adorable face, but Henry has been on the difficult side lately. You know that book, The Strong-Willed Child? Just added it to my Barnes and Noble list. Might be a little old for him, but I don't know what else to do! He really is so sweet and fun, but stubborn and determined and so very opinionated. At 14 months! He gets frustrated easily and can absolutely not take no for an answer. I'm trying hard to remain patient, but it's difficult.
This little squat babies do it my absolute favorite!!
Jack got these super cute rain boots in the mail from Grandma Post today. Jack has never been a dancer, but was happy flitting around the kitchen tonight and even asked me to dance for him. Can't help but smile when looking at these pictures...so delightfully out of character for him.


In the hustle and bustle of the morning I forgot a first-day-of-school picture, but Jack started preschool last week! I may have already written that we found the best place. We wanted Montessori, but all the schools near us were far out of our price range. So, I randomly heard about a woman who runs a Montessori preschool out of her home not far from us. I knew from our first phone conversation she was perfect. It's amazing and we are so lucky to have found Little Blessings. The best part is Jack loves it and he loves Mrs. Lupita. Not one tear has been shed over leaving him (not from me either!). It's quite amazing, actually...as if he's been going to school on his own for months. He even tells me about his morning when I pick him up! Granted, it's only two mornings a week, but we're excited :). My baby is growing up. The alone time Henry and I get for those 6 hours is pretty nice too.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Andersons said...

I love that baby squat as well. It's like they are not close enough to the ground already, they have to squat down to see better! I can't believe Jack is in preschool- so glad he is loving it!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I've mentioned this, but Dr. Dobson's "Strong Willed Child" was my bible when trying to deal with Henry's mommy when she was between 2 and 3. He's just mature for his age. I think I still may have the book. I'll look.

2p said...

I can't imagine Dana being difficult! Really cute pictures of both kids. The preschool sounds ideal...wish we had that around here. Montessori is expensive everywhere I guess!