I left the boys with Grandma and Grandpa King last weekend and went off to meet Josh in Vail. It was fantastic! The weather was gorgeous and the scenery was spectacular. The aspens changing color for fall made it even more beautiful. The best part? Off-season is dirt cheap! We had a great room with mountain views, discounted spa service (surprise facial from Josh!), North Face hiking shoes and jackets for half off, free parking, free breakfast...wonderful! I'm not sure we could afford to go in the winter (and we may not care to be amongst the snooty crowd, though celeb sightings would be fun), but we would highly recommend going in the off season. Josh may think differently...he was dreaming of snowy mountains a bit. You know what I was more surprised about? Everyone was so laid back. I was stressed about clothes, shoes, coat, etc, but everyone just wore tennis-shoes, sweatpants and fleeces all day. I can't wait to move to Colorado :)
Walking around Vail Village...
View from our balcony...
No comments:
Post a Comment