Jack and I went to Omaha last Monday a few days before Josh joined us to spend some quality time with my Grandparents. As a kid I spent every summer there, but it's been forever since I've had more than a few days. So, the trip was wonderful and Jack was able to spend some time getting to know his Great Grandparents. Here's the three of them...

Playing with Grandpa King's (my dad) matchbox cars from when he was a kid. Let's just say they were well loved!

There were bad storms almost every night we were there. Twice we had to go to the basement for tornado warnings (something I am NOT used to!). The first time, at G and G's house, Jack stayed peacefully asleep the whole time. The second we were at the hotel with the rest of the family and Jack didn't stay asleep, but ended up falling easily back to sleep in bed with us. Here he is on the floor at G and G's house...

My cousins Sarah and Amanda took Jack and I to the zoo one day. We didn't have a whole lot of time and the weather was yucky, so we only did the indoor things, but Jack had a great time. They really have a nice zoo. He was totally amazed at the penguins (our zoo doesn't have them). He went right up to the glass while they swam next to him and couldn't wipe the smile from his face. It startled him when they came too close...so cute.



Trying to get a picture of the 4 great grandkids at the pool one day.

Gettin crazy with daddy at the hotel pool.
1 comment:
The pic of the four great-grandkids is hilarious... if only someone were taking a picture of the adults trying to get the picture taken... I bet we were more hilarious than the kids. :) Miss you!
Jess
Post a Comment