Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nice Day

Josh left on Sunday for a week of combat training in San Antonio, so Jack and I have been doing our best to stay occupied. Yesterday we went out for a great lunch with my friend Catherine and today, being a gorgeous and cool day, the plan was to go to the zoo. Apparently we got there too late because there was no parking anywhere near the zoo! How annoying! Since I promised animals and we had already packed a lunch, we headed to the Oxon Hill Farm instead. There were tons of daycare kids there on field trips, so Jack enjoyed watching them run around while we ate our lunch in the grass under a tree. Not too many animals were out, but saw horse, cows, goats, and of course, the turkey. Oh yeah, and a cat, which seemed to be Jack's favorite...I guess he doesn't usually see them!

Here's Jack after being in the car for over an hour with no morning nap (he's refusing to take them again!).Eating a PB&JHe was actually being very cooperative with the smiles, but I couldn't get one with his eyes open!Enjoying some freedom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa King says "no cats."