Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BIG NEWS!

I really hate to combine these pieces of big news, but at this point, it's unavoidable. SO, we'll start with the really good news...
WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!
Yes, that's right, another little one is on the way! We've known for quite a while now (I'm a little over 15 weeks along), but decided to wait a bit to post it here. Due date is set for November 29th. Overall, things have gone pretty well thus far. We've had quite a few ultrasounds which have revealed quite the little cutie-pie mover. At our appointment this morning we thought we might be able to tell the sex, but the little peanut wasn't cooperating. So, hopefully next time...in 3 or 4 weeks. I know, I know, we should wait for the surprise, but we just can't do it! Jack of course has no clue that his perfectly wonderful life as an only child is about to change drastically, but we're pretty darn excited. I tried to scan an ultrasound picture, but it's not working, so I'll do it as soon as we get another. Baby now has just about everything formed and visible and is almost 5 inches long!

Ok, now for the really bad news. We found out about a week and a half ago that Josh will be deploying again mid-July. Having only been back less than 6 months, this was quite unexpected and devastating, to say the least. This time he'll be in Kabul, Afghanistan and is expected back hopefully by the beginning of February. Of course this all means that he will miss the baby by a few months (and Christmas, Jack's 2nd birthday and many other things...). There's really not a whole lot more to say about it. It just SUCKS! At this point, we're just trying to work out all the details. Jack, the dogs and I will be moving back to Arizona since it doesn't seem practical to stay in D.C. and have a baby alone. We're holding out for his report date to be pushed back a bit so he can still make the Hawaii trip. If that doesn't happen, we'll be heading to Arizona around July 15th. Needless to say, we'll be needing lots of prayers and well-wishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us be the first to say we are here with the prayers and well wishes!! Love you, all 4 of you!

The Pedron's