Many months ago I read a post on a blog I follow about the author's daughter's first birthday. I've gone back to it about a dozen times since then and each time I read it, I cry. Which is not like me. But, her words are amazingly perfect. I only wish I could be so eloquent. Of course I don't know this woman...she just takes beautiful pictures and makes scrumptious food and writes about it all perfectly. So, I give her all the credit (will I get in trouble for this??), but I'm going to cheat here and re-post most of what she wrote. The blog is Not Without Salt.
She came in to our lives a year ago. Because of her there has been more pink, more ruffles, more kisses, more love, and more joy. Because of Nora I’m
not the only girl in the house any more. Because of our sweet
baby I’ve gotten to see my boys, big and small, be more kind,
compassionate, tender, and loving than I ever thought possible. She’s
only been here a year, an incredibly fast year at that, but I can not
imagine our little family without her.
To my sweet Nora June, you are more loved than you will ever know.
Your presence in our lives has made each one of us a better person,
already.
I melt as I see your brothers stopping everything they are doing to
acknowledge you when you enter the room. At the slightest whimper they
are at your side giving kisses and doing whatever they can to make your
sweet smile return.
Never have I seen your daddy so proud and joyful than when you are in his arms. When he looks at you I can see in his eyes
that he is eager to do absolutely anything in his power to make your joy
his priority. I love your daddy more because of how he loves you.
And then there’s me. Oh sweet girl, you inspire in me the
strength I need to be the woman I am called to be in order to teach,
guide, and love you. Being your mother is a gift I don’t take lightly.
Each and everyday I give thanks that I have the honor of being a mom to
you and your brothers. Everyday I’m not perfect, there are always things
I can do better. Then I wake up to your smile, eager for me to just
hold you. Your chubby little arms wrap around me and wash away the doubt
and encourage me to simply love you in the way I was first loved.
You, my daughter, are a gift. I am so thankful for each day we have
together. I pray we will have many, many birthdays together. For now,
we’ll start with this one. Happy 1st Birthday, Nora June.

No comments:
Post a Comment