Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Anniversary


Josh planned a really lovely day for our anniversary yesterday.  Starting with brunch at a great little (and I do mean little...had to go when we knew no one else would be there so as not to worry about noisy children) French place downtown.  Henry was awed at the most delicious french toast we've ever tasted topped with amazing whipped cream. Lupita said it was the first thing Jack talked about at school today!


Those blue eyes.


Jack said "we're having dessert at breakfast??" Yep! (as if the french toast wasn't dessert enough) A crepe filled with maple butter whipped cream  with chocolate and toasted almonds on top!


Isn't she just perfect?  Especially in her sweet pea coat from Grandma Post and owl hat from Grandma King.


Chasing the ducks at Memorial Park after brunch,.  It was chilly...Nora and I hid in the car after a few pictures.


I honestly didn't notice how filthy this swing was until I looked at the pictures today.  Gross.  But, it was her first swing ride and she loved it.


I was trying to get fancy with pictures, but I'm not so good at it yet...I'll learn.  After the kids went to bed Josh made us a  4 course adult meal!  He's pretty amazing, huh?  We even decanted a bottle of good wine and drank the whole thing together, which never happens.  Luckily Nora was super cooperative and slept like a champ, so no guilt for me! Here's the appetizer, grilled zucchini stuffed with herbed goat cheese and spinach.  


Sage pork chops with an apple slaw and roasted red peppers and tomatoes.  I'm not usually a slaw kind of gal, but this was delish...I may have eaten two servings.


Poor girl.  The boys had just run up the stairs and she so badly wanted to chase after them.  If only she knew how to work those stairs!


Her pulling up to standing on her own kinda freaks me out.  She's growing waaaaaay to quickly. The funny thing about this picture is how happy she is.  I ended up taking her to the doctor (a couple hours after this pic) because she had another weird sore in her mouth.  Turns out she also has an ear infection!  The sore is a viral mouth ulcer.  Yea, weird. All 3 have had colds for a week or so, but I wasn't really looking for ear infections (I'm always so worried about pneumonia). It does explain the short naps and extra night wakings.  


Pudgy little hand after mashed potatoes with dinner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: