Thursday, March 8, 2012

March Already?

Yes,  Jack needs a haircut.  He tells me every day while dramatically swiping hair from his eyes.  Hopefully we'll get to it this weekend. But that's beside the point.
The boy loves math.  He and Lupita say, along with writing in his journal, it's what he chooses to work with most at school.  Lately it's subtraction of numbers up to 20.  Here he was adding up large numbers on the calculator with Josh.  I don't know if what he's doing is impressive or not, but what I love is that he loves it and wants to learn it.  Enjoys it!
This picture is all the evidence we have of my mom's visit late last month.  They were making brownies...the last thing on Jack's Grandma Check List.  She had a meeting up in Fort Collins and was able to arrange it around the time of my surgery to remove my fifth melanoma.  Caught early again, so just another big scar.  It's on my upper left arm.  My "baby carrying arm".  So, it was nice for the extra help.  Josh and I even got out to lunch and a movie.
Nora started pulling herself up on everything a few weeks ago.  And I do mean everything.  The problem is, it took her a week or two to get down from standing up! She didn't much like being stuck all the time.  Luckily she's now an expert.
Her panicked, put-down-the-camera-and-come-get-me cry.
I so rarely get these great smiles from Jack on camera.
Goofy girl. I love this little leg position.
 
 
Love the big bum.  And the chubby feet.  Don't really love that she'll be walking before we know it.  We pulled this out of the basement last weekend and she immediately figured its fun.
They insisted I take pictures of them spinning.  Can you tell we had a warm day?  Trips to the park and all.  Spring is coming!
Lucky boy getting a treat while Jack was at school and Nora napping.  Henry's been having a rough time lately.  Or rather, we've been having a rough time lately. Maybe his age.  Maybe difficulty expressing his feelings with words.  Maybe not enough focused attention.  I'm just not sure, but it's been hard.  Full-blown screaming, kicking tantrums, sometimes several times a day.  It's like walking on egg shells, not knowing what will set him off.  We are trying so hard to be patient, but sometimes it's impossible.  I'm constantly torn between holding and comforting him and walking away until he's done.  So, we've been trying to teach him better ways to express himself and how we expect him to speak to us and his brother.  And, while Jack is at school and Nora's napping in the mornings, I'm setting everything else aside and spending quality time with him.  Playing games and doing chores together.  It's helping, but not cured.  I hope it's just a phase!  And I hope we're handling it right (most of the time at least).  My worst fear is that those moments of losing patience will cause permanent damage to my sweet little man.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: