Friday, February 17, 2012

February

We decided to try homemade valentines this year.  I forgot a picture of the final product, but they turned out well and the boys enjoyed making.  They dipped toilet paper rolls in paint and squeezed them in to hearts.  I cut the paper in to hearts and Jack signed names. Then we taped candy to the back because everyone else at school gives candy. Oh well.




Our first messy baby pictures!  We're not really doing purees with Nora anymore. We started out that way, but she wasn't thrilled and I got to reading about baby led weaning, which sounded especially appealing given how hectic meal times are around here.  So, it's working for us.  I don't stress about how much she's eating, just offer her what we're having and she takes what she wants.  Messy, yes, but fun and seems nutritious.  Not sure why I hadn't heard of this approach before.  We do still spoon feed her some yogurt/cottage cheese type things.  Her 9 month appointment told us she's only in the 13th percentile at 16.5lbs.  While we're not concerned, it would be nice to bulk her up a bit in hopes it will help out night sleeping! She's definitely ready for supplementing her often too short nursing sessions.






Maureen was here for the week.  Jack made this list before she arrived of things to do.  He wrote it all himself, only asking for help with "chocolate brownies".  It says: play games, go to restaurants, pick me up drop me off from school, put us to bed every night and read us books every night, make chocolate brownies.  He made a similar list for my mom, who is coming next week.


We picked Maureen up at the Denver airport on Sunday morning and spent the day up there.  The Children's Museum was a hit! It was incredibly busy, but they had several great exhibits.  First thing was a real fire truck and station.  Jack LOVES playing firefighter. And Henry apparently enjoys sliding down fire station poles.  Who wouldn't?


Building things out of recycled materials.


Lots of time spent in the bubble exhibit.  I like how Grandma and Henry are looking in the background.
A moment after this picture Henry stepped back in to that pool of bubble liquid!  He spent the rest of the afternoon with a soaking wet sock and shoe. Must have been worth it because he didn't complain a bit.


Grocery shopping at "Whole Foods".  You can imagine how much fun that was!

I love how the look on his face is what anyone's would be while maneuvering a busy check out line.
See, Nora was there too!  She and I eventually escaped to the quiet baby area.  She loved crawling around with other babies.  Even went in for a kiss with one.  I realized though that it was the first time she's really had that opportunity.  Need to make an effort at finding some friends her age.


Very exciting dinner at the aquarium after the museum.  Nothing beats dining with the fishies.  Well, except maybe this dessert.


8 years married!  Our anniversary is Monday.  Maureen generously offered to take care of 3 sick kids so we could sneak out for a date.  In fact, she did a lot of sick kid watching this week.  I feel like I was on vacation...doing almost no housework or cooking and running errands alone!


No school today for the boys so we're having a lazy morning playing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: