Sunday, January 22, 2012

Birthdays

Jack and I celebrated birthdays last week.  5 for Jack, 30 for me. Jack was super excited to celebrate his at the beach.  We did cake a day early since Uncle Adam wouldn't be there for his actual birthday.  He had been talking for months about wanting a Batman cake, so I found a local bakery to make one, which turned out perfectly.  We spent most of his birthday on the beach and at the pool and my  parents took the kids out to lunch to allow Josh and I some vacation time on our last day.  Jack is so excited to be 5.  I'm still in denial. 

Mickey hands a new soccer jersey for his birthday.

Special cupcakes for my birthday!  Josh and the kids got me a new camera which they gave me before our trip. Can you tell?  I love it! It's far more advanced than anything I've used before so I have a lot to learn...gonna look in to taking a class, something I've always wanted to do.  Josh and I went out to celebrate at a fun new restaurant last night.  We have finally found a babysitter we like... the older sister of a little girl from preschool.  The boys adore her and Nora is comfortable with her.  Last night Nora slept the whole time, thank goodness!  So, we were able to enjoy ourselves worry-free. Without family nearby, it's really nice to have found someone we trust for the occasional night out.
Nora watching brothers in the tub, wishing she could join the fun.

Back to potty-training!  Henry did quite well this weekend.  A few accidents, but success overall.  He actually wants to be in underwear this time...doesn't even want the pull-up at night, so hopefully that means this is it.  It'll be a week at home perfecting it.

Hiding from the camera.  We all stayed in pj's all day today...so nice!

Nora is showing us all kinds of new tricks lately!  She started waving yesterday and is so proud of herself.  We say "Hi Nora" and she responds with a cute wave, grin and "ha".  I'm sure she's just mimicking us, but it's really cute!

She's quickly realizing the joy of being mobile.

No comments: