Tuesday, May 12, 2009

6 Months

Henry was 6 months old yesterday! I know I've said this every month, but he's changing so much. The biggest change is definitely his sleeping. I think we can officially say he's sleeping thru the night! For about a week and a half, it's been a solid 7pm to 6am. Heaven!! I swear I'm a different person. His babbling has increased and includes more sounds, he's super playful, can pretty much sit on his own, is eating a nice variety of solids, adores his brother and puppies and even his cute little smile has changed. The best part of my day with him is lying in bed before Jack wakes up with his chubby little hands exploring my face. I end up with many scratches, but it's so precious.Yummy toes...Trying to get a good Mother's Day card pic from a tired baby...Jack consoling him...Post-nap...The new smile - scrunched-nose, totally adorable and a bit devilish...exactly Henry!

As for big brother Jack, his recent changes involve some fun new phrases. My favorite? "I won't mommy". As in, "time to pack up and go home Jack" with the response, "I won't, I won't, I won't". The problem is he's not saying this in the defiant voice you'd imagine, but his cute Jack voice. We can't help but laugh. He's also started saying "well...", pronounced "way-all" and spoken in the most thoughtful way in response to most questions. And on top of it all, while he's been speaking in sentences for some time, they have all of the sudden become perfectly spoken and complete. Last week he may have said, "mommy, them is dirty", he now says, "mommy, I think those things are dirty". Amazing! Oh yeah, he also frequently refers to people and things as "honey"...guess that's my fault.

No comments: