Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mother's Day
What a wonderful Mother's Day! I woke up from sleeping late to my precious Starbucks peppermint mocha and my sweet Jack's greeting of "happy special day mommy!" (Josh had been telling him Mother's Day is mommy's special day). After a great nap from Henry, we headed to North Beach on the Chesapeake Bay. Who knew such a cute beach and town was only 45 minutes away?? We had lunch at a great little cafe, then played in the sand until our umbrella broke (couldn't be at the beach without shade!) and checked out the local shops.
Not many good pics of Jack...mommy had his hat pulled down too low :).
Henry and I hiding behind our hates...
Since I'm usually the photographer, there are far less pics of the boys and me, so we tried to get a few today...it is Mother's Day!
Jack and Mommy resting a bit...
As I write this, Josh is preparing the last of the three course, fantastic meal he thought up for Mother's Day...adults only! Isn't he wonderful?
Blini with smoked salmon, creme fraiche and dill...
Cedar planked salmon with honey balsamic glaze and asparagus...
And brownies and ice cream for dessert! I'm a spoiled mommy ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It looks like you had a wonderful and deserved Mothers day
I am so impressed! The food looks yummy. ANd no I did not know such a wonderful beach was so close...
Post a Comment