Monday, October 6, 2008

Updates

A few updates to share! First, I had a doctor's appointment today. Baby's still doing well at this point, but getting a little cramped. Like Jack, he's lying sideways without much chance of turning. So, unless he decides otherwise, the little guy will be arriving on November 17th. I had hoped to avoid a c-section again, but I guess babies have plans of their own! The doctor is not very confident he will actually hold out 6 more weeks, but we can still hope. It's crazy to have a date...6 weeks is not long! Josh is still working on whether he'll be able to come home on leave for the birth. But, unless there's some sort of emergency, it's not looking good at this point.

The other update comes from Josh. He sent a few more pictures this morning. His office had an end-of-the-year (fiscal year) party yesterday at a house on a nearby compound. I don't think he knows who exactly lives there, but it's where Diplomat type people stay. A mansion by Afghan standards. They had a bunch of local food, played Wii and had a good time. He's still doing well. Nothing terribly exciting to report...just passing the days with work and the occasional trip to the gym.

No comments: