This is a picture taken by someone else in a little village off base. Notice the pretty mountains in the back.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Camp Eggers, Kabul
Josh has finally sent pictures from around the base, Camp Eggers, in Afghanistan. Unfortunately he's unable to log-in here and tell you about them himself, so you'll have to settle for my bad descriptions! Overall, he's doing well. The time already seems to be dragging by, but we're all doing our best to stay busy. We've sort of gotten the webcams to work, but it's very poor quality. I've been told not to expect much...these people only got cell phones a year ago! Luckily, we're able to talk on the phone about once a day. Every time Jack hears the special ring, his little face lights up and he says "dada!". Hopefully there are enough reminders around to prevent him from forgetting daddy! Josh seems to really like everyone he works with (which I think means they don't get much work done...just kidding). Actually, he says most of them are from the DC area! They work every day except Friday from 8am - 8pm, but always end up working more because there's nothing else to do! The base is really small...for those of you who know, he says it's about the size of just our little section of housing on Bolling. So, there's work, eating, the gym and Karaoke on Friday nights.
This is a picture taken by someone else in a little village off base. Notice the pretty mountains in the back.
The area where everyone hangs out. They bbq on Fridays and have Karaoke here. I haven't heard anything about a movie theater though.
Coffee shop and internet cafe. I believe this is just across from Josh's office.
Some shops.
This is the cat who has made his home in their office. Not sure where he came from, but he's always expecting food and love.
Where Josh sleeps...lovely, isn't it? Good thing I do the decorating at home!
Not sure what this is, but looked nice. Apparently the whole base is made up of very old houses in which Afghanis lived. They've just turned most of them in to offices and housing.
The gym.
I think this is the dining facility.
The Contracting office.
This is a picture taken by someone else in a little village off base. Notice the pretty mountains in the back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I love the pictures and all the news from Josh. I hope you're doing well, Dana! We miss you here in DC.
Post a Comment