Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall

We went back to the great pumpkin patch in Canyon City we visited last year.  Some good friends met us there and the kids had a blast.  I love fall! This corn pit was a huge hit again...they could have played in it all day.
 
Corn maze! Josh and Jack were determined to complete it.  Henry, Nora and I bailed early in favor of lunch.
All the pumpkins were huge.  I think she deliberately looked for a smaller one so she could carry it herself.
 
 
 
We spoiled Kiko well on her last night.  The kids got to hold their leashes on a walk (I'm sure Kiko didn't exactly appreciate that, but I wanted a good memory for the kids too). She got a can of tuna for dinner (weird, I know, but her favorite).  She cuddled with me on the couch. And, she got a trip to PetSmart for treats in the morning. It was a rough morning.  Much, much harder than I thought it would be.  She was very sick and it was the right thing, but that didn't make it any easier.  It's been a month now and we still miss her. We had her for almost 10 years, Josh and I got her just two months after our wedding.
 
I wish this wasn't blurry, but I still love the smile.
 
Josh is doing a fall race series with Richard.  There's a kids race after the adults, so Nicole and I have brought the kids most days. They love the race and the fun playground that's usually around as well.  We don't have big trees with falling leaves in our yard, so the leaves to play in was an extra treat.
The little girls are off!
Jack takes it very seriously! I love the tongue.  Henry raced a few times too.  It was pretty long for him, but he finished and was quite proud of himself.  Each time I had to fight tears watching him.
 
Halloween! We did trick-or-treating with the Harpers in our neighborhood again.  It got chilly so the little ones and daddies went back to hand out candy.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

2p said...

Dana, you are taking some great pictures! Love the camera update. What kind of lens are you using?
~Carolyn