Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween

Nora started some veggies last week.  Butternut squash and carrots so far.  She doesn't love the idea of eating yet, but she is happy to sit there and sample for a bit.  I've been terribly inconsistent with it since it's not part of my usual routine and therefore an afterthought.  My goal this week is to get better about it!  She has been sleeping SO poorly for about 3 weeks now.  She wakes up once, twice, even three times in the night totally famished.  She goes right back to sleep after nursing, but it's really throwing me off!  Naps during the day have gotten shorter too.  I want my perfect sleeper back! I know she's definitely going through a growth-spurt because we've had to again move her up a size in clothes.  I'm paying more attention to what I eat and drink in case it's a milk quality/quantity issue, but nothing has made a difference so far.  Still hoping it's just a short phase.


Carving pumpkins.  Five of them!  Took forever...thank goodness this is a daddy job.


I'm the least crafty person in the world.  But, I tried to do a few things on Halloween to make it fun.  These were a hit.  As was this story...they loved it! We used the same woman's idea of the Sugar Plum Fairy to swap out most of their candy for a present.  A perfect answer to my yearly struggle with excess candy.




Our little super heroes.  We got the capes and mask, but I sort of failed to plan the rest of their costumes.  So, they threw on these batman t-shirts and that was it.  I felt like they looked very disheveled compared to most other kids, but they didn't care a bit. Not even when they passed many kids wearing full (and likely very expensive!) hero costumes. I love this age when they don't care about "stuff".  Hopefully we can keep that around for a few more years.     


Notice Jack's belly hanging out?  The kid is growing like a weed!  I can't keep up with clothes.  And of course he is skinny as can be.  Just the beginning, right Maureen??


Big girl showing off her skills.  Look at the concentration that requires!


We had a snow day the other day and because we're not doing tv anymore (ok, there have been two movies in a month), they had to get creative all day.  Here, they built a bounce house. What do you think about the change in living room set-up?  Since we took the tv out I'm struggling to find an arrangement I like.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Man... our TV has been on SOOOOO much lately. It's THIS place (can you hear the tone). THE apartment.... it's killing me. Andy is starting to talk about buying... I have no idea where I stand.