Nora has been better in the car. Much better. So we decided to test her limits and drive an hour and a half to Brighton on Monday to pick raspberries at a beautiful organic farm. She was awesome! And we had a good time. Well, until Henry got bored...which was pretty quickly. Jack and I did manage to pick a whole flat of berries though. Yum!
Since she did so wonderfully, we continued on to Fort Collins. We hadn't ever been and wanted to see why people rave about it. Cute town! We drove around, found a nice shady playground, stopped in a fantastic little coffee shop, walked a bit and had lunch at a brewery. Of course. Josh was disappointed we could only go to one of the many.
THEN, since they were all still doing so well and I was giddy with pleasant family time, we took the scenic route home. Through Estes Park and Boulder. Mistake! We pushed Nora too far. She slept to Estes Park (another super cute town) so we didn't stop, but of course started wailing moments after leaving civilization. So, we stopped for ice cream and play in Boulder. Interesting the difference in residents of Fort Collins and Boulder. Both progressive college towns, but quite opposite. Just glad we didn't have to answer any awkward questions about hippie/homeless young people. Jack was too tired. Anyway, despite the last leg, it was a great day. I love three day weekends. Plenty of time for relaxing, chores and play.
 |
| Ready for picking! |
 |
| Those beautiful mountains in the background. Like last year, Henry was our quality control man. He's good at it. |
 |
| Not great of any of us, but the only picture I have of our loot. |
 |
| Wondering why she can't eat out picnic lunch too. This girl is already eying our food at every meal. |
 |
| Rock climbing on Pearl Street in Boulder. |
 |
| Out of order, sorry. We ate a bunch of the raspberries, froze a ton and I made 5 jars of jam. SO proud of myself! And it was fun. What should I do next? |
 |
| Henry going down cautiously...so not like him. | | |
No comments:
Post a Comment