Nora is two months old! She is really such a delightful baby. I'm still in shock over what a naturally good sleeper she is. With minimal guidance on spreading out feedings during the day and making sure she doesn't become overtired, she has put herself on a perfect "schedule". More of a routine, I suppose, but the key is we've not done hardly anything to make it happen. During the day she nurses every 2-3 hours, plays for an hour or so, then usually sleeps till she's hungry again. She goes down in the evening between 8 and 9 and sleeps till 6am! A few days she has slept much later and once or twice woken around 5am. I feel safe writing about it now because it's been about 2 weeks of this...Amazing! She's smiling and cooing and quite interested in her surroundings...mostly her very noisy and curious big brothers. Jack asks me what she's saying every time she coos. They're doing pretty well too. A bit attention deprived, so more fits and crying than usual, but nothing we can't work on. With Nora sleeping so well during the day I'm able to get more time in with them though. Just need to quit getting sucked in to doing silly things around the house. Laundry and dishes can wait, right?!
I worry by writing and sharing pictures mostly about the good stuff in life, I make it seem as though this is all a piece of cake. Of course that is not the case! However, I think about what I'd like to look back on when I read this blog years from now and it's the good stuff...why do I need to re-live sleepless nights and endless toddler tantrums?? I do feel like we're starting to get the hang of things, but still far from stress-free. It's usually Josh's class days that kill me. Jack has tee ball those evenings and it's incredibly difficult to get them all fed, ready and out of the house at that time of day. And, I'm certain it's my stress causing Nora to cry for nearly the whole game (forcing me to walk around with her and not see much of Jack in action!). My mom went with us on Monday and what do you know, Nora slept peacefully in my arms the whole time! So, we try to do very little on our free days and that helps my sanity and the children's happiness. Hopefully I'll get back in to real cooking soon. We're still just eating whatever can be thrown together, keeping it as healthy as can be. At least we have our farm-fresh veggies now :).
Watching daddy make funny faces...
Showing off her strong neck...I worry by writing and sharing pictures mostly about the good stuff in life, I make it seem as though this is all a piece of cake. Of course that is not the case! However, I think about what I'd like to look back on when I read this blog years from now and it's the good stuff...why do I need to re-live sleepless nights and endless toddler tantrums?? I do feel like we're starting to get the hang of things, but still far from stress-free. It's usually Josh's class days that kill me. Jack has tee ball those evenings and it's incredibly difficult to get them all fed, ready and out of the house at that time of day. And, I'm certain it's my stress causing Nora to cry for nearly the whole game (forcing me to walk around with her and not see much of Jack in action!). My mom went with us on Monday and what do you know, Nora slept peacefully in my arms the whole time! So, we try to do very little on our free days and that helps my sanity and the children's happiness. Hopefully I'll get back in to real cooking soon. We're still just eating whatever can be thrown together, keeping it as healthy as can be. At least we have our farm-fresh veggies now :).
Watching daddy make funny faces...
Her favorite way to be held by Josh. This was the first time she fell asleep for him like this.
Looking pretty with Grandpa King. My parents and Robbie (and 40 other family members) were here last week for our annual family reunion and golf tournament, which we hosted this year. I have many, many pictures to sort through, so will hopefully get those posts up soon.
Nora meeting Uncle Robbie. They were both smitten...

1 comment:
Aw, send of that good-sleeping karma this way! I'm glad you're find a nice rhythm for your larger family. Maybe by the third, we figure it out quicker?!
Post a Comment