We did a little hike on Sunday at Bear Creek Park. Even at 10am it was too hot. I am not happy about this heatwave! Where in the world can we move where it's 65 all year with no annoying wind? No, we haven't had enough of these gorgeous mountains yet. We look terrible in all these pictures of the 3 (4, Nora's in there too) of us, so I picked the worst, because it's funny :). When I see pictures of us all decked out in our sun gear I think we must look seriously crazy (especially when Josh is in shorts and a t-shirt)...oh well!
Nora popping her head out for a snack break. She loves the Moby. And the boys think it's hilarious that it looks like I have a big belly again when she's in there.Silly boy...getting him to smile for pictures is becoming quite the challenge.
We lost Henry about half-way through. He was tired and hungry...thinking we might be having major growth spurt coming. And he was deathly afraid of the ants and other bugs. He kept bursting in to tears saying something was on him. Said he just wanted to see deer. At the same time, Jack was trying to catch bugs and look at them with his magnifying glass. Go figure.
My sweet little boxer-clad boys...current pj's of choice. Yesterday's project was to thread pasta, which of course produced pasta jewelery. Henry did so well with this! He's loving being able to do some of the same projects as Jack. Today was finger-painting in the front yard which led to a romp in the sprinklers, but I didn't get pictures. I've said this a hundred times, but I really can't believe he's starting preschool in a couple months. They're all growing up too fast! Oh, quick story...overheard a funny conversation the other day. Jack asked Henry if he could count to 4. Henry said no (he can, stubborn little boy). Jack said, "just try, it's the one right after 3". No response from Henry after more prodding. Jack, getting frustrated, says "Henry, you're gonna have to learn this!".
Pretty Nora wondering why the heck mommy put this big bow on her head. The only plus to this heat is that I can dress her in all her cute summer clothes. This was her first time wearing a dress.
Cutest little bald-headed, chubby-cheeked girl I've ever seen. She's 6 weeks today. It has gone by SO fast. She's doing really well. She started smiling last week...SO sweet! Need to work on getting a picture of it, just have one from the Ipod I put on Facebook. I weighed her with me this morning and she was almost 10lbs with diaper and clothes. I think we're done with our evening fussy stage, thank goodness. And, she is turning out to be quite the sleeper. I put her in her crib one day last week, just to experiment and she did well so we kept at it. She'll now lay down drowsy and fall asleep on her own about 3/4 of the time. The other 1/4 she's sleeping with me because we need our snuggle time. Her night stretches are getting longer too. I shouldn't even be writing this and risk jinxing us!

No comments:
Post a Comment