Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Almost Better
It's been a rough two weeks! Jack woke up one morning just fine, went to the park and by the time we got home he had a 104 degree temp, wouldn't eat or drink, was exhausted and miserable. It was scary considering we'd never experienced it. He was only getting worse so we went to the doctor the next morning. Flu test was negative and nothing else looked out of the ordinary, so he sent us home to watch. The next night we spent in the ER with terrible croup. There is really nothing worse than seeing your little guy struggling to breath! They did breathing and steroid treatments, which helped a bit, but not completely. Fever was still high, he wasn't eating at all (I'm guessing he lost 3 pounds) and drinking was an enormous struggle. He said "mommy, the water hurts me"...broke my heart! I had to sleep and nap with him and hold him most of the day. Luckily, Josh was here that weekend so I had a bit of relief. Taking care of a very active Henry and a very needy Jack was tricky. We went back to the doctor last Monday and he sent us for a chest x-ray...pneumonia it was. At that point he was getting better, so I was surprised, but antibiotics and some more breathing treatments cured him, finally. Of course by then, me, Henry, mom and dad all had colds too, but nothing worse. Today, we went back to the doctor to find poor Henry has a mild ear infection. I didn't even notice any symptoms though...he's happy, which is all that matters to me. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the move to Colorado next week doesn't bring on more sickness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad Jack is better. That sounds so scary. You must have been exhausted, Dana. Good luck with the move and I hope everyone settles in nicely to your beautiful new home and new life!
Love, Carolyn
Dana! I didn't know Jack was sick! I wish I was there to help. I'm so glad he is feeling better now & hope that everyone recovers quickly. Give my love to the boys. We miss you guys so much!
Love,
Wendy
Post a Comment