Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas

Mom, Dad, Robbie and Grandpa drove up from Phoenix and arrived early in the morning on Christmas Eve.  It was so nice having them here...such a fun weekend! Here we all are after church on Christmas Eve.  We've been trying out a new church.  It's pretty big and very different than what I'm used to, but it's just across the street from our house and the boys love the children's programs and Sunday School.  So, we'll see.  


Jack insisted on the tie :)




Decorating cookies for Santa with Grandma.


Coming down the stairs Christmas morning.


Stockings first.


He said this costume was his favorite and wore it almost the whole  day!


Fun for Nora too.  She was up almost the entire night before working  on her second upper tooth.  Poor baby...and poor mommy.


Excited about super-hero underwear. Now only if he'd wear them!  I talked to him yesterday about getting rid of the diapers when we return from our trip to Florida in January.  Hopefully he goes for it!


Fun wooden stilts from friend Jack Pedron.


Delicious casserole for breakfast...cheese, eggs, bread, spinach, bacon...yum!


And monkey bread with cream cheese icing.  I've been wanting to make this for so  long!  Glad I finally made it happen...well worth the time...a big hit.


Fun with Grandpa later in the day.  Her latest favorite is clapping.  Pretty much if she's not sleeping or nursing, she's clapping.


My friend Catherine sent this when Nora was born and I've been anxious to get it on her since.  So cute!


Knight battle with Uncle Robbie. It's surprising to even me that we're allowing swords in the house, but  the boys know the strict rules about them and have been enjoying the imaginative play. Sometimes they are pirate cutlasses, sometimes knight swords.  I figure we can't avoid this kind of play forever, so might as well guide it how we feel is appropriate.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments: