Monday, March 21, 2011

Nursery

Waiting to hang on more word above her crib



Baby belly at 35.5 weeks.  While I know she needs to grow a bit more, we are VERY anxious for baby girl to arrive.  I know Josh is just as anxious as me because he must be tired of hearing me complain by now.  It makes it so much harder, mentally, that the boys were early because I can't help but hope/assume she won't drag this out another 5 weeks, but she could!  Jack was born at 35 weeks and Henry at 37.  As long as she stays head-down (she still flips frequently) and all goes perfectly on its own, we have decided to definitely push for the VBAC.  Our doctor is in agreement, but cautious...I think he's doubtful I'll start actual labor on my own since I didn't with the boys.  They won't do any kind of inducement because of the increased risk Pitocin would pose for me.  But, I'm not giving up hope!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

mitchellunited said...

The room is absolutely adorable. You look amazing. This little girl is one lucky little babe. Will be thinking of you praying as you await meeting your little one. Good luck on the VBAC! You can do it :)

2p said...

Love the room!

Your doc's reasons for doubting that you'll go into labor naturally don't make sense to me. Of course you didn't go into labor at 35 or 37 weeks! Stick it out, Dana, your body will go into labor when it's ready.

Good luck...I know you can do it!

The Thomas Family said...

You're right, Carolyn. The problem with the boys was my water broke, but contractions never started, probably because they were transverse. However, I'm certain we didn't wait long enough, nor try anything to move them. So, things will be different this time because I will make sure of it! I just wish I hadn't been so naive with the boys. If only I knew then what I know now!
I'm also concerned that the doctor is being supportive now, but will change his mind on me when the time comes. So, doing all the research I can to be able to stick with it.
Anyhow, thanks for the support. Hope you're well!

2p said...

I just read your reply! I think we all learn so much after our first or second babies. I know now that I never would have let the OB make me push as soon as I hit 10 (which, of course, is a vague/blind measurement.) It was the worst pain ever. With Cathleen, I had no idea when I was 10cm and my body literally pushed her out on its own. It was amazing and painless. I hope you let your body do its own thing...it knows way more about when your little girl is supposed to arrive than a midwife or doctor. I can't wait to hear the news of her arrival!

Kristin said...

:) I keep checking ur blog to see if ur little princess has arrived. No unfortunately we have a queen bed! We need a king, that's for sure! Good luck!! Btw nursery is gorgeous, you have such a knack for decorating!